Tuesday 16 April 2013

My first challenge and my first refashioning project

I have my first challenge!  Even though I've only started in crafts, I'm looking forward to being a part of the MMM13, or commonly known as the "Me Made May '13".  Here's my pledge:



 'I, Patty @ Crafts Everywhere! sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear  a self-made garment/outfit on the weekends of May 2013'


So, come back to this site to see what I'll come up with during the month of May!  Excellent initiative by Zoe @ SoZoWhatDoYouKnow, thank you for accepting even a novice like myself!



On other news, I refashioned my first jewerly project!!!

I received these exquisite earrings:



unfortunately, they are a bit too much for my taste.  I prefer smaller, more discreet earrings that can go from work to party.  My solution:  break them up!  I used pliers to open up the jump ring connecting the upper to the lower part of the earring and then added a new jump ring with a rose gold hook.  Et Voilà!  I'm now in possession of two pairs of earrings, both beautiful :




Very simple refashioning, I agree, but it's the baby steps that will get me to greater things!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment