Friday 19 April 2013

Cross-stitching: new arrivals

This is a cute little story:  I have nothing hanging on the wall above my bed.   I've been contemplating what could go there for quite some time now, as a. I'm on the minimalist side as regards a bedroom (for the time being, there is nothing hanging anywhere in that room) and b. it has to be something different.  I like playing with alternative ideas as to the art (because it will be art, of whichever type).  

my cross-stitch arrivals...
The idea came to use a Japanese kimono and stretch it over a camvas as a screen, a painting in its own rights.  Off I started looking for kimonos, with a twist:  it had to have a nice, impressive scene depicted on it.  That scene would be the subject of the artwork, or so I thought.

My endeavours in the kimono search were fruitless (or if you like everything was beyond my budget).  And here come my second best solutions:  cross-stitch frames depicting kimonos depicting nice scenes.  What do you think?  I was thrilled when I received my order with two kimonos, and then, if I like and still want, a little mischievous cat...

When I'll stitch them you ask?  most probably on the weekends and the summer holidays...


No comments:

Post a Comment